Understand These Basics of Raising Support
- Recognize the support-raising process as a ministry rather than a fund-raiser.
- The people who have a part in supporting you in this missions experience are not spending money, they are investing it. Their investment is in your life and in reaching the lost, which is certainly a worthwhile investment. This also should motivate us to do all we can in allowing God to shape us through this experience.
- Your contact with people can be a real educational opportunity for missions.
- Support-raising, in its truest form, involves relationships. Seek to establish mutual involvement, interest, and prayer rather than merely receiving money.
- Not everyone is available or suited to cross-cultural ministry. Your going and their sending is an exchange of gifts.
- Read “Are Missionaries Beggars?“