covid-19 policy and resources
COVID-19 POLICY AND RESOURCES
[Note: Your primary source for up-to-the-minute information should always be Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). ]
If you choose to travel, we recommend the following:
- Visit CDC website/do your research before you travel.
- We recommend getting tested for COVID before flying for a trip. Click here to find a testing center near you.
- Rapid COVID testing is available and necessary for entrance into certain countries. We will provide information regarding these countries if you participate on a trip with us.
- Wash and sanitize hands frequently.
- Avoid touching your mouth, eyes and nose.
- Take antibacterial wipes along to wipe down hard surfaces, including your seat and tray table aboard your flight.
- Be aware that travel includes many gathering areas such as airports, subway stations, train stations, etc.
- Limit exposure to people who are sick.
Wipe down seating areas, surfaces, etc. Medical team recommends that, even after washing your hands, when you get back to your seat, to then use an alcohol gel hand cleaner.
Factors to consider when traveling, if you are/have:
- 55+ with weakened immune systems
- Pre-existing conditions
- Chronic and acute illnesses
- Expectant mothers
- Children under 2
- Flying in and out of an area with travel bans, including layover locations
CDC guidelines are available at this site: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html. Governments/airlines banned flights may not necessarily affect your location/travel destination, but may affect your travel route, based on where you have traveled in the past 6-12 months.
Also remember that when you travel somewhere, you may be required to undergo a quarantine for 2 weeks or longer when returning home.
We are working with MKI Travel Agency, and can work with you to find the best travel arrangements, and to get COVID-19 cancellation policies.